Thursday, July 01, 2004

Things I learned or heard today....

My brother is not a redneck, but he plays one in Montana.....
(This is in now way a reference to my own brother, who lives in Montana. I heard this sentence in a bar in Berkeley. --I didn't utter it. Though it kind of rang true.)

John McCain on the Dennis Miller show: "The French are like a former movie Starlet, they are like 45 and can't figure out why no one casts them anymore. But they were fabulous once."

(Note, I would probably vote for John McCain.) I'm not a redneck, but occasionally play one in California.

Tommorrow, I'm off to Seattle to see a guy who is quite upset his first child is not being born in Texas, and another who's wife works for the mayor of Seattle. She's a self declared, thinking liberal. He (her husband) has the misfortune of spending a good part of the last year or so in Iraq. For fun we are going to go to the Deciples of Christ Christian Mission on the Yakima Indian Reservation and purchase and use what would be considered weapons of mass distruction in most states. By the Yakima peoples they are considered a source of commerce and a sign of autonomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home